1. 1 Cor. 12:10: workings of miracles
A. energama - plural = workings, performances
B. dunamis - plural genitive = of powers
2. This is a sign gift of performing miracles in order
to bring attention to the communication of truth.
Mentioned in Heb. 2:4 from a past tense perspective.
3. Once Divine truth is complete to his people it stands
on its own merit in written form without need for miracles to draw attention
4. Accordingly, this gift is set aside between 68-96 AD.
A. Its place in the temporary list of 1 Cor. 12:8-10
B. Application of Heb. 2:4
5. The principle of living by faith-thinking without reference
to signs and miracles was gradually being established by the New Testament
teachers as the early years went by.
A. 2 Cor. 5:7; Col. 2:6-8
B. The fact that no book written after Paul's 1st Roman
imprison, mentions temporary gifts except as Heb.
C. The issue is always volitional compliance to truth.