|ORIENTATION TO FIRST PETER||
ORIENTATION TO FIRST PETER|
1. The purpose of this book is exhortation to
advance in light by standing in the true grace of God through equipping and
support grace. Verse 5:12
2. The initial focus is on basic salvation doctrines.
3. Exhortation to trust in basic salvation doctrines. Verses 1:12-13.
4. Exhortation to character production (love) through the power of God's
word in the soul.
5. Exhortation to pursue basic doctrine in order to begin building the
character structure of love
6. Orientation to priesthood and service. Verses 2:4-10 (basic equipping).
7. Recognition of sin nature lusts and the antagonistic environment. Verse 2:11 (basic equipping).
8. Exhortation to moral consistency. Keep your behavior excellent - verse 2:12.
9. Orientation to undeserved suffering. Verses 1:18-25; 3:9, 13-17
10. THE THIRD THEREFORE: After orientation to Christ's victory on the cross
. . .
11. THE FOURTH THEREFORE: After orientation to divine justice and the
12. THE FIFTH THEREFORE (verse 4:19): After orientation to the conflict,
13. THE SIXTH THEREFORE (verse 5:1): Exhortation to maintain the growth
14. THE SEVENTH THEREFORE (verse 5:6): After warning against creature
15. Verse 5:12: A final statement of the divine purpose, as each of the 7
İRon Wallace, http://www.biblefragrances.com.
Anyone is free to reproduce this material and distribute it,